In today's competitive world, one has to come out of crowd and has to prove by SCORE in various competitive exams like State Public Service Commission (Like GPSC - Gujarat Public Service Commission in Gujarat), Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Indian Engineering Services (IES) or any State, Centre level exams.
For all these applicants who want to excel in the Competitive Examinations, has to read various books to get more insight into basics of the subject. Normally almost all competitive exam requires basics and are of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. There are various books available in market for MCQ or Objective Question in Mechanical Engineering, but I have listed few good books among them.
I have listed these books as per the popularity order.
1. Mechanical Engineering: Objective Type Questions and Answers by R K Jain
2. Mechanical Engineering For Competitions by R K Jain
3. Mechanical Engineering (Objective Type) by D S Kumar
4. Mechanical Engineering, Conventional and Objective Type by R S Khurmi
5. IES 2014 Mechanical Engineering Topicwise Objective Solved Paper II by Made Easy Publication